Ways to Order:
Whole or Half Hog Available - We process hogs every few months, so please inquire about the next available time to purchase a whole or half hog. See information on how to order below.
Meat CSA Options - Main Season (May - October), Late Fall (Late October - Mid December), Winter/Early Spring (January - April)
See our CSA Page for more details and how to sign up.
Bulk Specials also available - order 25 or more lbs and get 10% off. Email Michael at michael1 (at) indianacommunity.org for current pricing or to make an order.
Our hogs love grass, roots, and grubs and now they have access to lots of these through our rotational grazing setup at Living Roots using easily moveable electric fencing. Our current pork for sale includes: chops, tenderloin, boneless pork loin, bacon, jowl bacon, sliced ham, chorizo, bratwurst, ground pork, Italian sausage, salt and pepper sausage, sage sausage, ribs, and lard. Most Pastured Pork pigs get a non-GMO grain (the grain is still grown with chemicals), but our pigs get a Chemical-Free grain (our local supplier doesn't certify organic but the grain is just as clean), making our pork about as clean as you can get.
You can find our pork at the Bloomington Community Farmers Market year round, in our CSA, or you can order direct from our farm (order a whole or half hog below).
Duroc-Berkshire Hogs Pastured Rotational Grazing Program
Leo interacting with our American Guinea Hogs.
The pricing advantage to buying pork in a whole or half hog is that you get all of the cuts(including the expensive ones) for less than the price of the cheaper cuts. Another advantage of purchasing in this manner is that you get to specify the processing details (e.g. type of sausages, etc.).
Some more details about purchasing a whole or half hog from Living Roots:
- Pricing for Whole or Half Hog:
- Whole Hog- $3.75/lb
- Half Hog- $4.00/lb
- Price per lb is based on hanging weight
- Whole Hog - approx 200 lbs
- Half Hog - approx 100 lbs
- Processing details:
- Customers pay processing fees (see http://www.sanderprocessing.com/Custom_Processing.html)
- Meat is picked up at Sander Processing in Celestine, IN.
- Customers get to give input on processing details by filling out form below
- Estimated processing cost is $175- $200 for a whole hog (depending on exact size and specific requests - amount of links, cured items, etc.).
- Deposits required:
- Whole Hog - $300
- Half Hog - $150
- Balance is due before meat is picked up (will be communicated once hogs are at Sander Processing and weighed).
- We accept cash, check, or credit card
Once availability is confirmed, please fill out the following form to give processing details, etc.
Butchering Instructions Form
Mail this completed form and a check for the deposit amount to:
Living Roots Inc.
5907 W. County Road 375 S.
French Lick, IN 47432
Or pay online with credit card here:
Please email Michael at michael1 (at) indianacommunity.org or call (812) 727-5444 to place an order.